The forecast for the weekend looks sunny and hot -- perfect, in my opinion, for lapping up soft serve ice cream while enjoying any one of these 8 fun weekend picks:
1. I've commented before that there's always something cool happening in Somerville. This evening and tomorrow it's the ArtBeat arts festival.
2. I love this free programming that inspires families to get fit (and enjoy a boat ride) together.
3. Boston rocks for hosting cool cultural festivals; this weekend consider the Boston African Festival and Festival Betances.
4. I've heard so many lovely things about Lynn Woods, and tomorrow they're having a Kids' Day. Yay for kids!
5. And not too far from Lynn, the Revere Beach National Sand Sculpting Festival is underway and runs through the weekend.
6. For families west of the city, consider the Green River Festival. (I'd love to take Laurel on a hot air balloon ride!)
7. The Barnstable County Fair kicks off on the Cape this weekend (and runs until July 23). I suspect my first stop would be the cute sea lions.
8. I'm going to resist making a joke about sandwiches and SandwichFest. Just go have fun already.
Image credit: ArtBeat