Yay, Friday! Here are 10 fun weekend picks that caught my eye:
1. I used to love taking walks through the Arnold Arboretum with my Dad. Painters for a Purpose opens tomorrow at the arboretum and features South Shore pastel artists. A portion of sales from the exhibit will benefit the Elizabeth Stone House in Jamaica Plain -- an institution for women and families in need.
2. There's lots of nature-y goodness to be had at the Sudbury Assabet Concord Riverfest.
3. And for more community fun, head north to Lowell Riverfest.
4. Or south to the Dedham Square Music and Art Festival.
6. Or if you'd like a more extended kite flying adventure (a harbor ferry ride is involved), consider the Reach for the Sky kite flying event to benefit the AIF Learning & Migration Program.
7. Laurel's stomach seems like a bottomless pit when it comes to strawberries. However, she would probably be put to the test at the Topsfield Strawberry Festival.
8. There will be a whole lot of Asian awesomeness at the Boston Dragon Boat Festival.
9. And for another celebration of diversity, check out the Boston Race Amity Day Celebration on the Greenway.
10. Finally, as a former color guard member, trumpet, and bass drum player (not all at the same time...), I can't help but have a place in my heart for parades such as the Quincy Flag Day Parade and Bunker Hill Day Parade.
Did I miss anything awesome? Feel free to share below in the comments and have a fabulous weekend everyone!
Image credit: Arnold Arboretum