Hello everyone -- I hope you have fantastically relaxing plans for the Memorial Day long weekend! We're going to be staying local and keeping it low key since June will be a bit crazy, but at the very least, yummy food and fun and games with Laurel and Violet are on the docket. (Admittedly, hopefully we'll also chip away a bit at some household to do's.) Meanwhile, I thought I'd share 12 bits of web awesomeness to entertain you over the long weekend. Enjoy!
1. I love when the power of social media proves awesome in a battle between an independent artist and retail giant. (I just bought this I Heart Massachusetts necklace to show my support.)
2. Karen was the perfect person to interview and photograph Molly Ringwald.
4. If you dig knitting, you probably want to check out this knit-tastic blog tour (including yarn chat, free patterns, giveaways, etc.).
5. I like maxi dresses because they're effortless, you don't have to shave your legs, and they make even vertically challenged people like me look tall.
6. I really need to tend to the lawn (er...the weeds) this weekend. Here are some tips on maintaining a chemical-free lawn.
7. And speaking of non-toxic, this weekend I'll be adding to my shopping list some of the top recommended sunscreens via the EWG Skin Deep Suncreens 2011 site. (They also offer top picks for lip balms, moisturizers, and makeup with SPF.)
8. This DIY floating shelving video by the adorable Erin Loechner basically makes me want to bust out some tools this weekend.
9. My friend Melissa always has her finger on the coolness pulse in Boston.
10. Sarah was right, music is the oxygen of life for the musician. (Also, this post made me cry.)
11. She had me at peanut butter chocolate frosting.
12. This style post caught my eye since orange is Laurel's favorite color.
Image credit: tru.che handmade