Hello friends! I hope you're having a super week. I'm going off the grid for a few days so I thought I'd leave you with this weekend roundup a bit early. Enjoy! Also, a couple of fun media things. I've been meaning to share that a cute little picture of me, Laurel, and Violet is included in the October issue of Parents Magazine, along with a quote in an article on 10 healthy cities for families (Boston ranked #2!). And yesterday I was honored to learn that I was named to the Top 50 Twitter Moms of 2011 list at Babble (and #1 for most likeable...how sweet is that?). Thanks Babble, and definitely check out the rest of the women on the list -- I know many of them and they are truly awesome!
Now, on to the picks for this weekend!
1. A harvest festival in Beacon Hill.
2. Join the pumpkin party at the Boston Nature Center (BYOP or buy one on-site).
3. A quintessentially fall tradition in Boston.
4. Enjoy the pretty at Acton Open Studios.
5. Rock out with Bari Koral in Brookline.
6. Or for classical music lovers: the Boston Youth Symphony (known as GBYSO when I played with them back in high school) is playing this Sunday.
7. A good pick for Berenstain Bears fans.
8. A Halloween romp in Easton.
9. Celebrate the Mystic River.
10. A haunted playground in North Reading.
11. Critter inspired festivities at Boo at the Zoo.
12. A great pumpkin fest at the EcoTarium in Worcester.
And if you'd like to pick apples and pumpkins or get lost in a corn maze, check out this roundup from last week.