Ready, set, grill! Today, Michelle Stern of What’s Cooking offers a yummy recipe for BBQ Chicken BLT’s - perfectly suited for these sweltering days that make it challenging to cook indoors. And be sure to get your kids involved, with Michelle's "Call the Kids" tips at the end of the recipe.
BBQ Chicken BLT's
Mmm...BLT's in the summer, when the tomatoes are at their best! The barbeque adds great flavor to the chicken and the bread, but beware: your neighbors might come over to see what you are making for dinner! Make extra chicken to add to a salad or for lunch the next day. Serve with baked chips and pickles.
You will need:
1. Using a brush, coat each slice of bread with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, turn the slices over, and repeat on the other side. Next, coat both pieces of chicken with the oil and then season, remembering to coat both sides.
2. Place both pieces of chicken on the barbecue and grill for 2-4 minutes. Also add the bacon, which needs less time. If the flames rise, splash over a small handful of water and move the bacon to the side to stop the meat from burning.
3. After 2 minutes, turn the bacon and the chicken. Remove bacon when brown and crisp.
4. Remove the chicken when golden. Place the bread on the grill to the side of the fire and Turn the bread after a minute, removing when just golden.
5. Mix the mayonnaise and crushed pepper.
6. Assemble sandwiches and enjoy!
Call the Kids:
Nutrition (per serving): 669.7 calories; 49% calories from fat; 37.4g total fat; 103.4mg cholesterol; 1016.6mg sodium; 764.6mg potassium; 44.4g carbohydrates; 5.8g fiber; 1.2g sugar; 38.6g net carbs; 39.1g protein.
Image credit: FreeFoto.com