“This winter, try this delicious Pasta e Fagioli (Italian Pasta and Bean Soup) recipe. And don’t forget – kids make great helpers! See the Call The Kids section towards the bottom of the recipe to guide you on what your kids can do to help.
1. Heat a deep pot over medium high heat and add oil.
2. Add rosemary and thyme stems, bay leaf, chopped vegetables (onion, carrot, celery), and garlic. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add beans, tomato sauce, water, and stock to pot and raise heat to high. Bring soup to a rapid boil and add pasta.
4. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes or until pasta is cooked al dente.
5. Rosemary and thyme leaves will separate from the stems as the soup cooks. Remove herb stems and bay leaf from soup and place pot on table on a trivet.
6. Let soup rest and begin to cool for a few minutes. Ladle soup into bowls and top with grated cheese. Pass crusty bread for bowl mopping.
CALL THE KIDS
Nutrition (per serving): 248.1 calories; 27% calories from fat; 7.7g total fat; 1.6mg cholesterol; 1400.9mg sodium; 796.5mg potassium; 38.9g carbohydrates; 5.7g fiber; 5.4g sugar; 33.1g net carbs; 7.6g protein.”
CLICK HERE for a printable PDF of this recipe.