I almost thought the toy recalls couldn’t get worse; now there’s the Aqua Dots recall. Aqua Dots allow kids to create multicolor, multidimensional designs with small beads that fuse together when sprayed with water. The CPSC reports: “The coating on the beads that causes the beads to stick to each other when water is added contains a chemical that can turn toxic when many are ingested. Children who swallow the beads can become comatose, develop respiratory depression, or have seizures.” The CPSC has received two reports of children who fell into a coma following ingestion. Aqua Dots are known as Bindeez in Australia, where it’s been reported that the chemical in the beads metabolizes into gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB; also known as Liquid Ecstasy) when swallowed.
PLEASE share this information with all the parents you know!