12 Fun Weekend Picks
Was this the craziest week ever for you too? I hope you have a chance to kick back and relax this weekend and celebrate a Dad you love. Here are 12 fun weekend picks to enjoy:
1. Yay for the Bruins (and I love that Zdeno Chara actually yelled "yay!" when he was holding the Stanley Cup over his head during the postgame celebration). You can celebrate en masse at the Bruins celebration parade.
2. Hello strawberry season. Consume to your heart's delight via the Mass Farmers Markets Strawberry Dessert Festival, strawberry festivals at Connors Farm (Danvers), Russell Orchards (Ipswich), and Land's Sake Farm (Weston), and strawberry picking at Drumlin Farm (Lincoln).
3. Lowell always impresses me with their festivals -- this weekend they host African Festival Lowell.
4. For artistic delights, check out the juried ArtsFest Beverly.
5. Or southward, there's the South Shore Art Center Arts Festival.
6. About a bajillion of my friends have moved to Reading. I bet they'll be at the Reading Friends and Family Day.
7. I'm fascinated by this interactive water art festival at the Peabody Essex Museum.
8. One of my elementary school crossing guards used to tell me everyone had a little Irish in them. My parents weren't wild about that comment but regardless, if you want to celebrate all things Irish, head to the Boston Irish Festival.
9. Science rocks. Yay for inspiring kids to think creatively about wind energy!
11. Teach your kids that farm animals exist beyond the pages of their picture books (among other activities) at the Smolak Farms family farm festival.
12. Haven't figured out summer vacation plans? No worries -- you can scope out local options at the See New England Festival.
Image credit: Bruins Online Shop (should I get one of these for Violet?)